Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Afternoon Tea in Betty's Tea Room

Yesterday I went to Yotk for the day, with my Mum and Dad and my friend Louise who is over in the UK from Australia. Louise wanted to visit York as the last time she was here it rained the whole time and she didn't really get to see much.#



Louise is a big fan of afternoon tea and you can't come to York and not go to Betty's Tea Room so that was out first stop as we know the queue can get quite long. When we arrived the queue had made it around the corner but seemed to be moving quite quickly. When we eventually got seated it didn't seem like we had waited long at all.


We were handed a menu whilst we were in the queue so we had a pretty good idea what we wanted to order. I'm not a tea or coffee drinker at all and I didn't fancy a hot chocolate so I went for the Homeade Lemonade and picked two delicious cakes from the cake trolley which were the Praline Chocolate Eclair and the Vanilla Slice. Louise Shared an Afternoon Tea with my Dad and my Mum went for a Pot of Tea and a Cheese Scone.


The tea came in a silver Tea Pot complete with tea strainer, hot water, milk and some sugar cubes. A silver stand with a variety of sandwiches, a scone and a selction of little cakes arrived for Dad and Louise and then my two cakes and Lemonade.


My Homemade Lemonde and super sweet and delicious and I wasn't to sure of I would like the Eclair when it arrived but as soon as I took the first bite it was super tasty and I needn't have worried. I split the Vanlilla Slice with my Mum and Louise and that tased amazing too.  






                      



                       



                       



                        









                                        





After we were finished in Betty's we had a little wander around the city. Finishing our day in a cute little Italian restaurant before heading home. 



                           



                       



                                      


Lisa x 














6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time...lovely place...and the cake looks so good!! Danielle x

    frontiere-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for your lovely comment! We had a great time. I would certainly recommend you go if your ever in York, Harrogate or Northallerton they have branches in all these towns x

      Delete
  2. this looks so cute! I love going to places that do afternoon tea X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty and oldie worldie definitely recommend you pay a cost if your ever in the area x

      Delete
  3. Those cakes look so yummy. I really want to give Bettys a try if I go to York x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should deffo come up for a little trip you'd love it x x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...