Pages

Sunday 25 September 2016

Why I Don't Want to Give Up Working to Travel!


I have had the travel bug from a young age, I've always looked forward to family holidays abroad and long weekends hopping across to some of the wonderful cities Europe has to offer as well as some of the cities here in the UK. I have been very lucky to have experienced so many different countries and cultures already in my life and I hope to see and explore many more and also revisit some of my favourite places too.

I also have some career ambitions too and its taken me until now at the age of 27 to figure out what it is that I want to do with my life, and I am currently studying for a degree in International Studies through the Open University. Studying this way allows me to keep my full time job that I currently have working for the MOD in a Military Medical Centre. Working and studying in this way allows me to earn as I learn so I can still afford trips and holidays while still chasing my career ambitions.

I really enjoy the job I currently have and I could never imagine myself not having a job or working it's a very important part of my self. I would in an ideal world love a job that allows me to travel and in studying for my degree I can hopefully achieve that dream. My ideal job would be to work in a British Embassy overseas or in the Diplomatic Service, both jobs that can offer me the opportunity to see the world whilst also feeding my interest for Foreign Affairs.

So although it will take me a while to get where I want to be career wise doing things the way I have still allows me to use my annual leave allowance, taking trips and experiencing new and exciting things along the way and also keeping me motivated to keep going with my studies and keep pushing myself to achieve my career goals. I think its all going to be about balance, making the most of the annual leave I do get planning trips carefully seeking out good deals picking up tips and tricks as I go.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,

    from our own experience, we can only agree. And nothing is holding you back to pursue a career and travelling. And when it comes to bargain for a sabbatical your position is stronger than you think. We did it ourselves and wrote the most important points down at https://activetravel.rocks/content/asking-leave-absence-or-sabbatical-right-way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment! Your article was very interesting to read and something i will re-visit in the future as taking a sabbatical is something that i have in my long term plans and this will be most useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa- I think it's great that you are pursuing your dreams of traveling and working at the same time. Very inspiring, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tay, thank you for your comment. I hope you enjoy following me along on my travels =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...