Pages

Saturday 25 October 2014

Rustique French Restaurant Richmond North Yorkshire





Last month it was Daddy Lines' Birthday and we had planned to go to the French restaurant in the town where we live for his birthday meal! Normally Dad likes to go to Akbar's an Indian Restaurant in Middlesbrough but as we had visited the York branch recently the French is the next family favourite restaurant. Mummy Lines and Me had treated Dad to a Champagne breakfast in Betty's Tea Room in Northallerton and so by the time 6 O'clock rolled around we were certainly ready for our meal.

Rustique is a small cosy restaurant right in the heart of Richmond on a street just off the market place. Although small it has a Parisian street Bistro feel to it with the front of the restaurant under a glass roof and patio floor to give the impression you are dining outside whilst being shielded from the elements. They also have a few tables just inside the building itself and a mezzanine level that has seating for individual tables but can also cater for larger groups. I came here for my leaving do in February and it comfortably seated 20 of us so don't be deceived by the size is almost like a TARDIS.

We were seated in the courtyard area and we did feel a bit squashed onto the table, there were 5 of us with one of us squashed on to the end of a table for 4 which was a shame but with a bit of manoeuvring we figured out how to eat comfortably. The great thing about this place is that they have a set menu at certain times of the day and you can get a 2 course meal for £13.95 or 3 courses for £15.95 with a wide choice of Starters, Mains and Desserts, check out Rustique's website for times when the set menu is available. You can also order from the A La Carte Menu at anytime of the day.

I went for the set menu, being quite fussy I quite like the options from this menu more than the A La Carte. For a Starter I went for the Champignons a l'Ail which is mushrooms in a creamy white wine and garlic sauce with a French baguette. For my main I went for the Steak Frites a rump steak cooked to your liking with a choice of Garlic Butter or a Pepper Sauce, I went for the Garlic Butter and asked for extra so that I could cover my chips in the garlicky goodness too. Normally by this point I'm fit  to burst but as it was a special occasion I made room for a dessert, and I decided on the Tarte au Chocolat an individual sized pastry tart with a smooth chocolate filling, with a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream and a berry coulis.

The atmosphere inside was lovely and the waiting staff were very attentive and polite. The main waiter was French and so I decided to test out some French I have been learning and the waiter was very complimentary of my skills so I was very pleased with that and I'm feeling confident now that when I visit Paris for New Year ill be able to survive.

Rustique has another two braches in York one on Castlegate and the other on Lendal. So if you find your self hungry in York or Richmond Rustique is definitely worth a visit.


6 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds lovely!

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice you should give it a try sometime

      Delete
  2. That looks so yummy, especially the dessert! :)

    Olivia x
    Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delish so filling! Highly recommended x

      Delete
  3. WOW! The food looks amazing. My mouth is watering. ;P

    xx Brigette | http://www.brigetteramos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good very tasty can't recommend this place enough x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...