Pages

Sunday 17 January 2016

Reds True BBQ ~ Cloth Hall Street Leeds




I am a huge fan of BBQ food and not the burnt burgers and sausages that make a regular appearance at home BBQs up and down the UK I'm talking real American smoked meats and tangy BBQ sauces.
I've known about Reds True BBQ for sometime now but never had the opportunity to try it out. So on a recent shopping excursion to Leeds I made a point of dropping in! I'm terrible for salivating over menus before I go to a new restaurant so I already had an idea of what was in store and got a little bit excited.

After a successful days shopping myself and my Mum and Dad made our way to the restaurant, we had to wait for a table but they took my number so I could nip back to the car to drop off my shopping and on my way back I had a call to say our table was ready.

Once seated I had another look at the menu and although I had already had a cheeky look I found it hard to chose as everything sounded so delicious. I went for the Pit Burger which consists of two Beef Burgers, smoked Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Bacon, Cheese and what they call Dirty Sauce served in a Brioche Bun with a humongous Onion Ring on the side. It was so tasty and the meat was melt in your mouth perfection just how smoked meat should be. Although it sounds like a lot of food it was the perfect size burger.

My mum went for the Baby Back Ribs which are served in a delicious tangy BBQ sauce. My Dad went for the St Louis Ribs which are a chunkier cut of the rib and he chose to have them served with dry rub which is how they come in America, he also had the Cheese and JalapeƱo Cornbread on the side. Both ribs were fall off the bone finger licking good and my Dad used the yummy BBQ sauces that come on the table for dipping.

We ordered some of the Swine Fries to share as a side for all three of us. The Swine Fries come as a mixture of Skin on and Sweet Potato Fries served with Smoked Pork, Grilled Cheese, Chipotle Sour Cream, Spring Onion, JalapeƱos and Salsa. I'm not a fan of Sweet Potato Fries so I had to do a bit of digging to find the Skin on Fries but all in all these fries were delicious and the toppings were perfect and really helped to fill me up.

This meal was everything I hoped it would be and more, it took me back to my holidays in America. They have really captured the real essense of an all American BBQ and I can't wait to go back and try some of the other items on the menu because it truely was a tough choice.

Reds True BBQ have various different locations and all info can be found on their website. I can't recommend this place enough for all you meat lovers out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...